Eligibility & Instructions
Dream it and you can achieve it! You may apply to become a contestant in the Miss Black USA Talented Teen Pageant, by applying directly to the Miss Black USA Pageant as a Contestant-At-Large on this page. If you meet the minimum eligibility requirements below, you may begin the At-Large-Contestant application process below, in 3 easy steps.
STEP ONE: To apply, review the eligibility guidelines below.
STEP TWO: If you meet the eligibility criteria listed below, review the Judging Criteria to make sure this pageant system is a great fit for you. If so, proceed with the application by submitting the Online Application below.
STEP THREE: Once you have submitted the online application, submit a Recent Snapshot (This will not be returned and does not need to be a professional photo). You may upload your photo to our Dropbox here. Note: Be sure your image is labeled with your first and last name.
Employees, officers, directors and agents of Miss Black USA Talented Teen Pageant and/or of any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be contestants in the MISS BLACK USA TALENTED TEEN SCHOLARSHIP PAGEANT or participate in this application process. Thanks again for your interest! If there is not a state pageant held in your state, your are eligible to apply directly to the national Miss Black USA Talented Teen office to represent your state, without competing in a local or state preliminary competition. Before you begin the application process, check to see if there is a state pageant held in your state here. .
- Miss Black USA Talented Teen; 14 to 18 years old
- You must be a full-time student in middle or high school or in your senior year of high school at time of application.
- You must be single; never married.
- You must be a natural born female.
- You must be a United States citizen and live in the United States.
- You must live, work, or go to school in USA and in the state that you wish to represent.
- You must be in excellent physical and mental health.
- You may not have competed more than twice in the Miss Black USA state pageant and may not represent the same local/regional title more than once.
Personal Fitness: 25%
- Stage Presentation
- Overall Appearance
- Body Condition
- Sportswear Selection
- Artistic Expression
- Technical Skill
- Stage Presence
- Overall Performance
Evening Gown: 20%
- Overall Presentation
On Stage Question and Answer: 25%
- Ability to think fast on one's feet
- Overall Response